How to Pick the Perfect Book to Read Independently
Ask yourself these questions. If you are answering YES, this book is probably a “Breeze Book” for you. Have fun reading it!
1. Have you read it before?
2. Do you understand the story (text) very well?
3. Do you know almost every word?
4. Can you read it smoothly?
Ask yourself these questions. If you are answering YES, this book is probably a “Just-Right” book for you. Go ahead and learn from it!
1. Is this book new to you?
2. Are there just a few words per page you don’t know?
3. When you read are some places smooth and some choppy?
4. Will someone be able to help you with the hard parts?
Ask yourself these questions. If you are answering YES, this book is probably a “Challenge” book for you. You may want to spend a little time with it now, and give it another try later (perhaps in a couple of months, perhaps in a couple of year).
1. Are there more than a few words on a page you don’t know?
2. Are you confused about what is happening in most of this book?
3. When you read, does it sound pretty choppy?
4. Will you be reading this book all on your own?
We are now accepting early registration at Oasis Summer Day Camp. Join our Highland Park or Winnetka campus and join our summer (fun) literature discussions.